Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trend Hunting 2011: All You Need to Know!

One of the most important skills anyone can have is one of forecasting...being able to "predict" the future is massively useful but notoriously difficult as any academic article from the International Journal of Forecasting deftly shows. But I personally love trend tracking! I have been dabbling in it since my early days in the ad business at Young & Rubicam NY and while you don't always get it right, it is cool to see which trends hit and which ones miss. On a recent trip to Toronto, I read a magazine article on the founder of www.trendhunter.com Jeremy Gutsche and I was intrigued. This is all about crowdsourcing global trends! What a great way to track everything happening in food, clubs, fashion, design, business then to ask the mob to flash mob the latest! Here are their prediction for 2011:

No comments: