Monday, October 25, 2010

Looking for Experimental Stimuli: Use Images from Wikimedia Commons


I use tons (I mean thousands+) of images and ads as stimuli in my consumer behavior experiments. For the most part I spend a lot of time wading through stacks of old magazines that I collect in my office, ripping out ads and scanning them in for potential manipulation in Photoshop (by my helpful and talented technologist husband!!). This of course takes a lot of time!!

A good colleague of mine at Stanford directed me to a great resource for images that are royalty free at Wikimedia Commons. This is a great place to get an image of a brain, a camera or a smiling face...everything a researcher could want!! Thanks to those who allow their images to be used without the expectation of compensation!!

Image Source: Jal2001, Wikimedia Commons

No comments: